What to do if you are in an automobile accident
- Call the police and seek medical attention to evaluate your condition.
- Get the name, detailed contact information, insurance information and driver's license numbers for all other drivers involved. Ask for help if you cannot do this alone.
- Look for witnesses and obtain detailed contact information for each.
- Don't talk to anybody except law enforcement about specifics of your accident. That includes other lawyers, your insurance company or witnesses. You are NOT required by law to give a statement to either insurance company.
- If you've been injured, call us. We'll take it from there.
If you have been involved in any type of motor vehicle accident you may be able to file a claim against the negligent driver to recover damages for lost wages, property damage, medical costs, future losses and pain and suffering.
Knowing what to do and who to call is the best way to be prepared in case of an accident.